Wednesday 10 February 2016

Pancake Day

This year for Pancake Day I decided to make some candied bacon to go with my pancakes, I never made it before (or ate it) so I was not really sure about the result, but I should had no worry because it was oddly tasty.

For the candied bacon:

1/4 cup of brown sugar
2 Tbsp of rice vinegar
2 Tbsp of maple syrup
Black pepper to taste
Bacon (I used Oscar Mayer )

Pre-heat the oven at 175C


Mix all the ingredients together and glaze the bacon with the mix.Palce the glazed bacon in a lined tray (baking paper) and cook it for about 15 minutes.

For the Pancakes:

500ml of milk
3 Tbsp of white sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp of baking powder
500g of plain flour
piece of butter
Pinch of salt


Mix all the ingredients together until you get a thick batter and start pouring it into a hot pan, wait until you see that the top of the pancake is getting dry and flip it over, wait until the other side is cook to remove it from the pan. With this recipe you don't need to put any butter or oil into the pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment