Tuesday 12 July 2016

Morcilla (blood sausage) and Pear Pie

This is a pie from my area that I didn't know about so when during my last holidays when visiting my parents I had to try it. This is a really strong pie so if you have a weak stomach keep away from it :D

Pie Dough

  • 250g of flour
  • 150g of butter
  • 1tsp of salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1Tbsp of milk
Pear compote

  • 400g of peeled and de-cored pears
  • 100g of sugar
  • 1 lemon peel
  • 1 tsp of cinnamon
  • 2 cups of water
We make a dough with the ingredients, you can buy it but I always prefer to make my own crust, homemade always taste better :)

We put the ingredientes for the pear compote in a sauce pan over a slow heat and leave it to cook until the pears are soft.

Meanwhile the pears are cooking we peel 2 morcillas (blood sausages) and cut the filling in small pieces.

Once the pears are cook remove them from the sauce pan, put them over a chopping board and cut them in small pieces.

Dust with flour your working surface and roll out half of the pie dough with a rolling pin and line your pie tin. Prick the base of the dough with a fork.

Mix together the morcillas and the pears. Spread the mix evenly over the dough.

Roll out the other half of the dough and close the pie borders with a fork.

Paint the surface with a beaten egg.

Cook for about 20 min at 200C.
















No comments:

Post a Comment